APP for combination of colours/patterns

Looking for a pattern etc. Here's the place to leave your message

APP for combination of colours/patterns

Postby BarbiMama » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:56 pm

Hi everbody!
I've search the web for an APP that could help me to visiualize the dress from my fabric at home...what to combine, what looks good together (colours and patterns)....or even to help me to decide easier which fabric to buy....well with no luck :cry: just found a lot of APPs for keep track which and how much fabric i have at home.
Hope you understand what i'm looking for...or even...i was wondering if i'm alone that feels this way...
a lot of fabric sitting in my closet and i can't imagine/vizualize what to combine and which pattern would look great with which colour....

Thank a lot for any advice on that... :)

Re: APP for combination of colours/patternsa

Postby Polremy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:21 pm

I'd be really interested in such an app too.
I'll have a search when I get a chance and let you know if I find anything.
Can you also let me know if you should stumble on something suitable?
Wish more people posted on this forum.

Re: APP for combination of colours/patterns

Postby BarbiMama » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:39 pm

Hi Polremy!
But of course i will :-D
Hope to write soon ;-)

Re: APP for combination of colours/patterns

Postby dillyduck » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:01 am

First, work out which season colours suit you best. Color me Beautiful or similar , a book is cheaper than a consultation! Then get rid of any fabrics that don't suit you.
Then look at your favourite clothes in your wardrobe and make something similar in fabric you love. If you are going on holiday, maybe start with a fairly simple cotton blouse in a patterned fabric. Choose a pattern with sleeveless, short and long sleeve options. Once you know the sleeveless version fits well, then you can learn to do sleeves. I like collarless blouses, really easy to do, and then I wear pretty beads at the neck.
Definitely start with pure cotton, I call it good tempered fabric, as it's so easy to sew.
If you choose a multi colour flowery fabric for the blouse, then make a coordinating plain fabric for a skirt. Next time, make another blouse which goes with the skirt, and then another skirt that goes with BOTH tops.
I go to the Mediterranean sea for holidays, love my mix and match separates. I NEVER buy fabric in just two colours, it's so limiting. Ideally at leat four colours, then everything goes with everything else.
Put all your fabric on your bed. Put blouse fabric at the top, skirt fabric at the bottom. Discard the colours that don't suit you, or are too thick or thin. Choose two or three lengths that you like. Hold it up in front of you,and look in the mirror.
I have one drawer for skirt lengths, one for blouse lengths, one for dress lengths.

Return to Patterns