Need Instructions to make total quilt.

Share your quilting project etc here

Need Instructions to make total quilt.

Postby Bela614 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:49 am

Hello,
I am new to making quilts. I have been watching the quilting programs on PBS and while they are good in instructing a person how to make a square panel they don't tell you how to install the filling and back piece of fabric.

I am looking to find instruction on how to make a total flying geese quilt, instructions that take you from beginning to end. This quilt would be for a twin sized bed.
Thank you for your help.
Bill
Bela614

Re: Need Instructions to make total quilt.

Postby TheArtBird » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:23 am

Hi Bill,

This might not be exactly what you're looking for, but I can at least help guide you in a general direction.

When I made my quilt, once you have all your squares sewn together so you have the "front" of your quilt, and you have the back piece cut out the same size. Then you cut out the middle quilt batting to be the same size. Lay out the back piece with the right side of the fabric facing down, lay the batting on top, and finally lay your top piece ontop with the right side of the fabric facing up. Line them all up so they are smooth, flat, and they meet at the edges. Pin it all to hold it together. Sew on your border. And then do any top-stitch quilting that you want to finish it off.

Hope that helps!

~TheArtfulBirder~
TheArtBird

Return to Quilting