Singer Futura XL400 vs. Brother PE770

Chat about embroidery, both hand stitching and with machines

Singer Futura XL400 vs. Brother PE770

Postby bcsant » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:45 am

Hi ladies --

My birthday is in 2 weeks, and I am dying for an embroidery machine. I am stuck between these two... the Singer Futura XL400 and the Brother PE770. I have read good reviews on the Brother; however, I just recently heard someone call Brothers a "disposable" machine, because they don't last long. I know nothing about the Singer. The dealer near me (where they told me about the PE770) said they don't carry Singer because their quality is so sub-par in recent years. Is that true?

I have never, in my life, embroidered, but I am obsessed with all things embroidered/monogrammed... and I think it would be something I'd get a lot of use out of.

I would be embroidering ribbon (for hairbows), onsies, pillows, etc... and would want to do applique.

Also, FWIW -- I don't have a Singer dealer near me. I'd be ordering online (any suggestions?) and my local Brother dealer said the PE770 is online only, so they don't carry it anyways.

Any other suggestions? I want to stay under $700ish (budget).

Thanks!!
bcsant

Re: Singer Futura XL400 vs. Brother PE770

Postby Kate XXXXXX » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:55 am

You really need to rest drive them to see what you like best.
Kate Dicey
http//:www.jollydicey.co.uk
Costumiers to the Discerning
Kate XXXXXX

Re: Singer Futura XL400 vs. Brother PE770

Postby locke_james » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:13 pm

If you haven't tried embroidery even once, you may need to look at both embroidery sewing machines personally. You may want to have a "feel" for it first. However, both choices are really good and even though Brother machines are labeled as disposal, you wouldn't be using it for commercial use, right?
locke_james

Return to Embroidery