Repetitive Sewing and Embroidery Machines

Chat about embroidery, both hand stitching and with machines

Repetitive Sewing and Embroidery Machines

Postby joeyb » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:59 am

I am in the market for an embroidery sewing machine to reduce the time I currently spend on repetitive sewing.

I have been researching Embroidery Machines and Digitizing Software for the last few months and have been absolutely amazed at what these machines can do and I believe an entry or intermediate level machine will be best suited to me. There is one major thing I want and that is the automation of the repetitive sewing I do now. I'm not really in need of complex stitches or use of advanced digitizing techniques at this point and just want to find to find a machine that will reduce the time I put into manual sewing.

I will try to explain below to give you an idea of what I want to do:

Place 2 pieces of pre-cut Star shaped fabric on top of each other on the embroidery Hoop using tear-away embroidery stabilizer to hold the shapes in place. (I would like a hoop large enough to fit the maximum number of shapes on it so I can sew multiple shapes in the one job)

Design the stitch order so that it sews the first Star shape while leaving a gap on the top for an opening. The machine would then cut the thread and move to the next Star shape on the Hoop and do the same thing. Basically we would like to repeat this process for as many Stars that can be fit on the hoop.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could get back to me with some recommendation of machines, suitable hoops and software for me to think about buying
joeyb

Re: Repetitive Sewing and Embroidery Machines

Postby Blink » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:10 am

I too am really amazed with the innovations of the home embroidery machines. I have been writing reviews on these for a few years now and I can't come up with any Home Embroidery Machines that will do what you ask in the example.

Some hoops are large enough to allow multiple stars of a minimum size, but I am not aware of software that will allow sewing multiple stars non-stop with an opening.

The Brother PE770 may get you close to your request. It has a 5" x 7" embroidery field and allows you to store embroidery designs on a USB Drive. If you can find the design online, just download it and use it on this Embroidery Machine, it's that easy.

Check out the reviews on my website http://thecraftersguild.com/brother-pe-770/

Good luck!
Blink

Re: Repetitive Sewing and Embroidery Machines

Postby Marianne » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:55 am

i have a janome 12000 and its software MBX. it sounds like you want the ability to edit a design. Then you could delete some of the stitches from a normal applique, before moving onto the next design. you would not need to top of the line to do this, but some editing software would be needed, unless you wanted to just watch the design being stitched out and skip a bunch of stitched manually.
i'd go for a test drive with a few machines, taking in what you want to do.
Marianne

Return to Embroidery