Three threads in bobbin

Three threads in bobbin

Postby barkster » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:42 pm

I'm relatively new to sewing but have used my moms bernina machine a bit. I got a brother project runway model sewing machines and I cannot get it to sew correctly. From what I've read most issues with bobbin are from top not being threaded correctly but I've rethreaded at least 20-30 times, I've tried several different tension settings from 1-4, used different threads, etc... though I'm using some of the most difficult fabric to sew I've done it on bernina and had no issues. This machine seems to handle it fine its just when I'm done with stitch and lift foot, it's hard to get the fabric lose from bobbin as it has 3 strings coming out of bobbin almost 99% of time. I've tried everything I can think of. Using Lycra with stretch needle, same type I used in bernina machine. Any suggestions would be appreciated. See attached photo

barkster

Re: Three threads in bobbin

Postby CathySews » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:28 pm

Have you tried using a new bobbin specifically made for your Brother machine? I remember once having problems with my bobbins and switching them out for new ones did the trick.

Hope that helps!
Catherine
CathySews

Postby barkster » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:26 pm

its the ones that came with it and only ones I have
barkster

Postby Sewit » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:34 pm

That is one of the main disadvantages with the Project Runway. The threader gets a little fragile and thus it breaks. So if you are unable to use the ones with the machine, get additional accessories. You can have a full read about the Project Runway on https://sewingstep.com/best-sewing-machine-reviews-of-2017/.
Sewit

Return to Brother