scarey noise

Do you have an idea or a tip for other sewers. Leave you message Here

scarey noise

Postby pumpkin70 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:51 pm

when i am embroidering and it is over some other stitches it sounds like my needle is hitting something, I was thinking maybe i put my needle in wrong. Or that is a new type of needle. I usually use schetmez and this time my dealer recommended organ. HELP!
pumpkin70

scarey noise

Postby ivan » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:59 pm

Hi Pumpkin. What make and model machine do you have?. I will find a photo of the machine and give you my opinion. Ivan :shock:
ivan
Site Admin

Postby pumpkin70 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:30 am

I have the babylock ellure. I just got it may 2 for mother's day.

right now i am trying it with a new needle and seeing how that goes. but any ideas will be great. thank you
pumpkin70

scarey noise

Postby ivan » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:33 am

Hi Pumpkin. I think your going to be ok. The machine will make a bit more noise when going over thicker fabrics or other stitches. Please let me know how you get on with the new needle and noise just incase it is a problem. :shock: Ivan
ivan
Site Admin

Postby pumpkin70 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:42 am

it is still doing it even with the new needle. I am nervous because it is a new machine for me. I upgraded from the pe150 brothers. So i am nervoius if you can't tell.

but i am having another problem all of a sudden my thread keeps breaking since i changed the needle, i have never had that problem before.
pumpkin70

Postby Nitemagic » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:50 am

Your design may be too dense and when doing the top layers it sounds like your needle is bending and may be hitting the needle plate.......now with the breaking thread....your needle may have put burrs on your needle plate. To check that I just run a knee high stocking (nylon) over it to see it it catches.........and thin fabric will do though. The burrs if any can be carefully sanded with crocus cloth.

When doing dense designs I use a Schmetz embroidery sharp needle.

Shirley
Nitemagic

Postby pumpkin70 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:57 am

nitemagic thank you I will check that out. I am using organ needles. but I Usually use schemtz needles, but the dealer told me that these were better for this machine.

I took off my plate today to clean under neath could i have putt in on a little off. um...... i wonder.
pumpkin70

Return to Helpful Information