Looking for a good sewing machine

If your machine is not in the list above. Please post here

Looking for a good sewing machine

Postby tcraft » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:39 am

Help Help Help... I love making cloth covered rope bowls. You take clothe line and wrap strips of material around and sew with a zigzag stitch into a bowl/basket. Unfortunately my Janome New Home 8050 does not like this project. After making a couple the zigzag stitch will get weird and inconsistent. they become square and sometimes just a straight stitch. Took in and had serviced a couple of months ago. They said the bobbin case had a strike on it so it was replaced. they also said to make sure I changed the needle after every project and to not use Coats and Clarke thread. Even after doing all of this the machine is again messing up after making a couple of bowls. I am interested in getting a new machine but not sure which way to go. I want to be able to do these, plus just some regular sewing and some crafting. I want to make a rag quilt for a new baby, but I don't think my machine will handle the thickness. Any suggestions on which way I should lean if I get a new machine. Please help.......
tcraft

Re: Looking for a good sewing machine

Postby cambron teupe » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:24 am

Do you sew through the rope? How thick? I'm afraid that that is too much for a domestic machine. I know a Pfaff Select can handle 7 layers of thick flannel but rope? You may need an industrial.
Yours, Cambron
cambron teupe

Return to All Other Machines