Need help for my White model 503

If your machine is not in the list above. Please post here

Need help for my White model 503

Postby fred72 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi,

I just replace the loop timing gear on my White 503. The machine is out of timing. Does anybody know the procedure on how to adjust the timing.
This machine is not mine it belong to my Mom I have no idea how the stiching works. I have searched the net but have not found much.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Fred
fred72

Postby TL » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:23 pm

Fred, assuming you did no more than replacing the gear and that there where no other problems to begin with... time the looper to where as the right hand looper rises the point of the right hand (upper) looper is about .05mm behind the eye of the lower looper when it reaches the bottom edge of the looper (not when it reaches the eye).
TL

Postby fred72 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:59 pm

Thanks TL,

I give it a try and let you know.
fred72

White 503

Postby oxo » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:11 pm

If you have retimed your machine yet, anytime you need timing instructions email me drivewithken@blueyonder.co.uk and I will attach full timing instructions.
Kenny ABC
oxo

Re: Need help for my White model 503

Postby seweasy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:24 pm

How were you able to get the old gear out? I have a new gear but I cannot remove the counterweight on the end of the shaft to get the gear out. I also cannot remove the piece that the upper looper shaft rides in. There is just not quite enough space between them to pull one or the other out. I have removed every single screw from every part of the looper timing shaft and everything will slide but I just can't get it far enough to remove anything that will free the gear.

HELP! :?

Thank you in advance!! <3

Blessings,
Krisann
seweasy

Return to All Other Machines