White Quilting Machine ripping fabric

If your machine is not in the list above. Please post here

White Quilting Machine ripping fabric

Postby dksewing » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:24 pm

I have a White Quilting Machine. Its about 7ish years old and barely used. It's always been very sensitive compared to my old Singer. I've had problems with it from the start. It keeps pulling the fabric into the bobbin housing. It works ok if I sew very slowly, but once I pick up any speed either intentionally or accidentally, the fabric is pulled in. I've tried re-threading the machine and bobbin, using different bobbins, and needles but nothing helps. I don't mind sewing slowly but if I accidentally pick up speed a project could be ruined. I gave up using it for a while but recently took it back out because I'm working on a new quilt. Has any had this problem with their machine? I'd really like some advice. Thank you.
dksewing

Re: White Quilting Machine ripping fabric

Postby dksewing » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:32 am

Thank you. I'll have to check that. I'm not sure what kind of bobbin I have or how to tell.
dksewing

Postby dksewing » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:23 pm

It has a drop in bobbin. I checked the thread and it comes out easily with a little bit of tension on it. I don't have to tug it to get it to come out. I have played around the speed a bit and found the point at which it starts to suck the material in. As long as I go slower it seems ok. I can use it but won't be working on my quilt with it any time soon. Going to try some small samples first. Thank you for all your help.
dksewing

Postby dksewing » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:31 pm

I am going to find a repair center in my area and have it looked at. I've been thinking about it and I won't be comfortable using it on any project until I know its been checked out. At least at that point if I still have problems I'll know its user error. I'm just happy I have my older machine to use in the meantime.
Thanks again.
DK
dksewing

Return to All Other Machines