Brother XL-2600i thread/bobbin issues

Has your machine gone wrong?. Are you looking for advice on using your machine? or looking to make a new project?. Click on forums below which relate to your sewing machine.

Brother XL-2600i thread/bobbin issues

Postby ArtOfJack » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:46 pm

Hi, I'm new here but I've been desperately searching for help and no one seems able to help me.
I have a brother sewing machine that's I wanna say maybe 5 or 6 years old by now, I stopped using it for a few years because as a kid I was scared of the needle breaking (it was bent but I didn't know that at the time)
I switched out the needle and tried to use it and it started to clump the thread up under the fabric,
I played with the tention, I fixed the bobbin and I changed the needle again.
Now it's stopped clumping but the top thread won't connect to the bottom thread or hook around it (but the needle and thread was able to bring the bobbin thread through the first time
Does anyone know what's happening? I'm so confused and I just want to get back into sewing
I even took apart the plate at the bottom of my machine and cleaned out any dust but still it won't work.
Thank you in advance
ArtOfJack

Re: Brother XL-2600i thread/bobbin issues

Postby cambron teupe » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:28 am

Do you have the needle in right? (Flat back needles -- flat side to the back). Is the machine threaded right? (I've had the thread slipping out of the hook that rasies the needle) And raise the presser foot when you bring up the bobbin thread. Otherwise the tension won't work
Yours, Cambron
cambron teupe

Re: Brother XL-2600i thread/bobbin issues

Postby Keith » Thu May 25, 2017 1:34 am

I'm seconding what Cambron said. But instead of just checking to see if it's threaded right, I'd go ahead and just rethread it. Make sure the bobbin and the upper thread is in the tension and that they both have a big enough tail to not slip out of the needle/hole.
Keith

Return to Sewing machine problems