I need help with that sewing machine "Durkopp Adler 212"

Has your machine gone wrong?. Are you looking for advice on using your machine? or looking to make a new project?. Click on forums below which relate to your sewing machine.

I need help with that sewing machine "Durkopp Adler 212"

Postby ropist » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:49 pm

Hello!
I hope I can share this video in this forum with you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taFUk9gKQ5s - It describes my problem (I made it)
I bought that sewing machine for 35$ last week, and I bought it with that problem.
As you can see from the video, the machine is sewing without me pressing the foot pedal. It's old Adler with electromagnetic clutch driven by a quick rotan control box "quick stop" and synchronizer (or automatic needle position) placed on the upper shaft. I've got the manual for the machine head, but nothing for that "quick stop controller". It have HIS (hybrid intregral schemes) on it, which is old tech. Also a lot of potentiometers which I don't know their purpose. I've checked wire connections on the board and that's all I can do without manual or some hint from a person who know something about it. I looked in all search engines about that and got nothing in particular for that mechanism explained.

Help if you can!
Thank you for your time!
ropist

Return to Sewing machine problems