help get my 99 going

Has your machine gone wrong?. Are you looking for advice on using your machine? or looking to make a new project?. Click on forums below which relate to your sewing machine.

help get my 99 going

Postby artdeco » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:24 pm

Hi All,

I posted this under Singer as well. If the moderators want please delete one of them. Just trying to get max exposure.

I just bought this 1930 Model 99 and would like to get it functional again. Right now it is locked up solid. Inside it is fairly clean with very little fuzz, the motor works but the machine itself will not turn. I have cleaned/oiled the face place area and taken the handwheel down to the axle and it was clean. I oiled all of the holes up top and have just to do the bobbin area when I can get a screw driver to take out one screw. So, I need help as to any ideas as to why it will not turn and where to get a tension spring and guide. Mine is apparently missing.

Also, how to keep this thing in top notch running shape after I get it running. I don't plan to use it a whole lot just a hem repair here and there so it will sit a lot.

Thank you

Mike

artdeco

Re: help get my 99 going

Postby artdeco » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:01 pm

Update! I got her going! I had a small screw driver in the drive slots of the axle and she broke free. So lots of oil and various speeds later she runs like a top.

Anyone know where I might be able to pick up a front thread tensioner?

Mike
artdeco

Re: help get my 99 going

Postby Kate XXXXXX » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:59 am

Where are you? There are at least three folk I know of, based in the USA, UK and The Antipodes!
Kate Dicey
http//:www.jollydicey.co.uk
Costumiers to the Discerning
Kate XXXXXX

Return to Sewing machine problems