306w question

Has your machine gone wrong?. Are you looking for advice on using your machine? or looking to make a new project?. Click on forums below which relate to your sewing machine.

306w question

Postby andj » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:14 pm

Hello. I just bought an old 306w. Its clean and the motor works but the needle is broken so I can't fully test it out yet. I did noticed that the hand wheel appears to be crooked (when I turn it it wobbles instead of moving straight)...is this going to be a big problem? I will have to order new needles for it and just wanted to get an idea of what it may take to get it fixed up. BTW I am a novice but I'd like to use it to sew canvas and leather (and from what I read this machine does ok with that material). Any advice is appreciated!
andj

Re: 306w question

Postby andj » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:23 pm

Yes, the needle goes up and down and appears to function correctly. The wheel just moves in a crooked line instead of straight. I looked in the singer manual and it said that you should inspect to make sure the hand wheel is not bent, but I couldn't find any more info than that. If it turns out that it is a problem, I'm wondering if it will be worth it to try to repair.
andj

Return to Sewing machine problems