HELP! Zig Zag stitch only shows up backwards!

Has your machine gone wrong?. Are you looking for advice on using your machine? or looking to make a new project?. Click on forums below which relate to your sewing machine.

HELP! Zig Zag stitch only shows up backwards!

Postby Amanderene » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:29 am

When I am sewing on an appliqué with a zigzag stitch, the right side of my fabric looks like the bottom, and the wrong side of my fabric looks how the top is supposed to. I have tried everything. New needle, different foot, all kinds of different tension (all the way from 0-9), different fabrics and thickness, interfacing, cleaned dust, re-threaded both top and bobbin threads....I just don't understand.

I can't just sew it from the back because the appliqué will not be accurate.
Attachments
image.jpg
The photo on the left is the top or "right side" and the photo on the left is the bottom or "wrong side"
image.jpg (185.96 KiB) Viewed 3737 times
Amanderene

Re: HELP! Zig Zag stitch only shows up backwards!

Postby Amanderene » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:03 am

You know, I was just thinking about that as I was reading some more help forums. I also read that the brother CS6000i is particularly fussy about needle types and likes Schmetz. I will try both of these tomorrow and let you know. Thanks for the help :)
Amanderene

Postby Amanderene » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:03 am

image.jpg
image.jpg (157.65 KiB) Viewed 3722 times
So I have attached the Schmetz stretch needle, and played more with the tension. Tension set at 3 is the closest I can get it to look normal, but not perfect. I can still see the bobbin thread at the sides. Tension any higher, the stitch looks like the original pictures I attached and tension any lower the stitches are far too loose. The picture attached shows the top on the left, and the bottom on the right.
Amanderene

Postby Amanderene » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:45 am

HURRAY!!!! I found the solution!! When winding my thread onto the bobbin, if I go around the tension ring twice instead of just once, it winds the bobbin tighter = a proper zigzag!!
Amanderene

Return to Sewing machine problems