DD's birthday present - a dollhouse

Have you say about your crafts/Hobbies in here. Anything you may find useful, however small, Your interests, Links.

DD's birthday present - a dollhouse

Postby robin623 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:02 am

This was a $30 unfinished dollhouse.

My timeline was somewhat limited, having only a few weeks to do this project. Add in trauma’s galore and a kitchen renovation, and I wasn’t able to do everything I wanted. At the very least, I wanted to have it painted, with the basic decorating completed in the rooms. In order to get some input from DD before giving her the big present, I asked her what color she would like and let her pick some of her favorites out of the scrapbooking papers I had. I had set aside a bunch of pink and sparkly ones…she chose them all. ;) I then used some of them to create her rooms.

I didn’t buy any paint for it, and just used what I had. I had a quart of purple that I mixed with white to get a pink color. I had some cans leftover that had a Ralph Lauren pearly paint, which is the sheen you see above. I mixed the pink with the gray and cream pearly paint to get the different colors. I had a stamp for the fleur-de-lis and painted the other wall decoration freehand.

I used modge podge on the scrapbooking papers for the floors and some ceilings. I’m not so sure how well they will work, but I can always “redecorate”.

Now comes the tasks of getting/making some furniture for it. I’m not going to rush, just so the stuff I make has some quality to them…hopefully. I’ll post them as I get it done.

Sorry the Image is so big:
Perfet Image Shape is Not Always Hot - Melt Your Man's Heart Download

Re: DD's birthday present - a dollhouse

Postby Kate XXXXXX » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:38 am

Oh, that's cute! :D
Kate Dicey
Costumiers to the Discerning

Return to Crafts/Hobbies