Embroidery Machine Problems and Solutions

Chat about embroidery, both hand stitching and with machines

Embroidery Machine Problems and Solutions

Postby JJamiah » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:00 pm

I have an embroidery machine and ran into some problems. If we could all list our machines, problems we ran into and what we did to solve our problem. I haven't solved mine yet so I will post when I do! I believe I have some Tension issues. LOL :twisted: :twisted:
If it isn't broken; Don't try to fix it, if it is broken, get some glue!
JJamiah

Postby crashnquilt » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:51 pm

The most common problem found in machine embroidery is improper use of stablizer. A lot of people will thing it's a tension issue when actually they have not use the right stabilizer for the project.
Just stitchin' along

Crashnquilt
crashnquilt

Postby JanS » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:13 pm

The most common problem I have found for embroidery machines is improper threading. The tension is computer controlled and if you really want to mess it up just remove the thread from the machine incorrectly. To remove the thread correctly from an embroidery machine you need to cut the thread at the spool end and pull the thread thru from the needle end. Never remove the thread by just removing the spool and pulling the thread out of the machine "backwards".

The next common problem with embroidery machines is having a piece of stray thread caught in the upper thread path. Often you can't see the thread and it has to be removed by taking the machine apart (I had that happen at least 3 times in a row). The cause is using cheap thread that breaks or frays easily. That is best done by a sewing machine tech.

The third common problem is using the wrong needle for the unit. If the needle is too long it throws the timing off. Singer needles should not be used in Brother or Babylock machines because they too long for them. Buy Organ or Schmetz for the best results.
Learn how to turn your sewing hobby into a business visit Sewing for Cash
Find your dream sewing job or list your services at The professional sewing jobs board
JanS

Brother PE-770 memory stick problem

Postby labeelady » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:14 am

The manual says it will read up to 100 patterns, and I only have 71 on my stick, however the machine will only read in 35 patterns.

Does anyone else experience this? Could it be that I have some designs that are too large which are eating up machine memory?
Pat Harper,
Carencro LA
labeelady

Postby AliceH » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:26 pm

There are so many problems that you can come across when using an embroidery machine, the first and most important thing is to know how to hoop properly and which stabelizer to use.
http://embroidery-allsorts.com/embroiderydesignstips/2010/03/hooping-up-for-machine-embroidery/
AliceH

Postby JanS » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:34 pm

AliceH wrote:There are so many problems that you can come across when using an embroidery machine, the first and most important thing is to know how to hoop properly and which stabelizer to use.
http://embroidery-allsorts.com/embroiderydesignstips/2010/03/hooping-up-for-machine-embroidery/

You are right about the hooping, not many people do it correctly. One of the best places to see how to hoop your item is to go to YouTube.com they have lots of how-to videos for embroidery machines on there.
Find your dream sewing job or list your services at The professional sewing jobs board
JanS

Re: Embroidery Machine Problems and Solutions

Postby RubyGlare » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:49 am

old but I hope a good place. I have a Pfaff 2170, I have the card-to-usb-cord, I also have a card station.......I recently loaded the smart card station & now I cannot use the card-to-usb-cord, my computer does not cooperate. It says cannot open port 1 or that I don't have a card in the smart card station! Now the ONLY reason I recently installed this station is because the cards I bought were no longer loading onto my Pfaff. So I have 2 problems
1-my computer no longer transfers the design thru the card-to-usb-cord
2-the Pfaff machine will ONLY accept the rewritable card

I'm wondering if I have to reinstall the main embroidery software, so the cord thing will now work. & yeah take the Pfaff in for repairs. Does anyone know what that might cost? Has this happened to anyone here? Thanks in advance
RubyGlare

Postby JanS » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:51 pm

RubyGlare wrote:old but I hope a good place. I have a Pfaff 2170, I have the card-to-usb-cord, I also have a card station.......I recently loaded the smart card station & now I cannot use the card-to-usb-cord, my computer does not cooperate. It says cannot open port 1 or that I don't have a card in the smart card station! Now the ONLY reason I recently installed this station is because the cards I bought were no longer loading onto my Pfaff. So I have 2 problems
1-my computer no longer transfers the design thru the card-to-usb-cord
2-the Pfaff machine will ONLY accept the rewritable card

I'm wondering if I have to reinstall the main embroidery software, so the cord thing will now work. & yeah take the Pfaff in for repairs. Does anyone know what that might cost? Has this happened to anyone here? Thanks in advance

Did your computer recently have any upgrades to the OS? Sometimes those service packs just throw everything out of whack. It sounds like a software problem but at your computer end, not the sewing machine end. If you are computer savvy here are some places for you to look:
Check the hardware profiles on your computer to see if the computer is even recognizing the USB port.
Is the driver for the card station installed on your computer, if it was working at on point and now it doesn't then the driver might have gotten erased or the file corrupted. If it is not there then just reinstall it.
I also found a similar problem online to yours and here is the link and answer to that http://www.fixya.com/support/t8404464-dont_driver

Is the card station compatible with your computer's OS? If you have Windows 7 and the card station might only work with Windows XP but not with Vista or 7. The same goes for the Apple and Mac systems.
Your 2 card systems (the software) might be in conflict with each other. You might have to remove one of them to see which one will work.
JanS

Postby RubyGlare » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:21 am

I have windows xp & havent installed any updates
RubyGlare

Return to Embroidery